- Requisition #:
- Houston, TX 77095
- $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
Aveanna Healthcare is the largest provider of home care to thousands of patients and families, and we are looking for caring, compassionate people who are driven to fulfill our mission to revolutionize the way pediatric healthcare is delivered, one patient at a time.
At Aveanna, every employee plays an important role in bringing our mission to life. The ongoing growth and success of Aveanna Healthcare remain dependent on our continued ability to consistently deliver compassionate, committed care for medically fragile patients. We are looking for talented and committed individuals in search of a rewarding career with a company that values Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Innovation, Compliance, and Fun.
The Change Order Representative is responsible for reviewing changes on existing patient orders. Completion of the accounts includes, but is not limited to checking prescription validity, authorization validity, insurance requirements, demographics, patient needs, and notation prior to shipping orders of medical supplies.
The starting pay for our Change Order team is $17.00 per hour. In addition to compensation, our full-time employees are eligbile to receive the following competitive benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and many other options, 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan!
Essential Job Functions
• Enter demographics and other pertinent information into the digital system and ensure completion of all change order paperwork
• Verify insurance coverage, explain benefit information to patients and case managers, collect and process payments as applicable
• Identify patients’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions
• Responsible for authorization submissions and authorization follow up by obtaining met daily expectations
• Responsible to determine a CRX and a valid prescription with formula calculation knowledge
• Insurance and payor portal navigation knowledge
• Meet daily, monthly, and quarterly metrics and goals set by management
• Communicate effectively with other departments to present solutions to any patient concerns
• Ensure work being performed meets internal and external compliance requirements
• Maintain confidentiality of all information; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
• Various clerical work including faxing, scanning, and copying
• High school graduate
• A minimum of 2 years proven experience
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in related field highly preferred
• Home Health/DME related experience preferred; knowledge of insurances a plus
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Self-starter, able to display the highest level of integrity and respect for confidentiality.
• Ability to exercise effective judgment and sensitivity to changing needs and situations.
• Must have strong organization skills and be very detail-oriented.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options