- Requisition #:
- Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Customer Service
- $18.00 per hour
Aveanna Healthcare is the largest provider of home care to thousands of patients and families, and we are looking for caring, compassionate people who are driven to fulfill our mission to revolutionize the way pediatric healthcare is delivered, one patient at a time.
At Aveanna, every employee plays an important role in bringing our mission to life. The ongoing growth and success of Aveanna Healthcare remain dependent on our continued ability to consistently deliver compassionate, committed care for medically fragile patients. We are looking for talented and committed individuals in search of a rewarding career with a company that values Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Innovation, Compliance, and Fun.
The Delivery Technician delivers medical and enteral supplies and equipment in the field to protect the continuity of care for our medically fragile patients. The Delivery Technician will be able to make emergency deliveries to patient homes, clinics and hospitals. They will also maintain complete availability to be on-call for after-hour patient/equipment issues, and perform the essential functions to maintain their local sales branch supply. These functions consist of placing orders with the supply coordinator, receiving, rotating and stocking supplies, correct preparation and submission of delivery/pick-up paperwork and month-end inventory reporting. The technician must respect and maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
The starting pay for our Warehouse team is $17.25 per hour plus on call. In addition to compensation, our full-time employees are eligbile to receive the following competitive benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and many other options, 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan!
Essential Job Functions
• Deliver medical equipment and enteral products to our patients in a timely, courteous, and professional manner
• Provide proper instruction to patients and/or families on use of equipment and safety precautions, perform home assessments and utilize proper hand hygiene to prevent exposure and cross contamination
• Maintain inventory through monthly counting and ordering procedures; receive, unpack and rotate incoming stock
• Check incoming shipments for completeness of all ordered product against shipment packing slips
• Communicate with Supply Coordinator with any product/shipment discrepancies/issues
• Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner to ensure proper communication to better serve our patients
• Maintain a clean and orderly branch inventory including but not limited to work space, serialized equipment, and disposable products
• 24 hour on-call availability for any after-hour issues/emergencies
• Assist local dietitian with setups of new patients in hospital and clinics when needed
Additional respiratory job functions:
• Setting up / troubleshooting / exchanging as needed of oxygen equipment, pulse oximeters, suction equipment and any other non-ventilator equipment for patient’s receiving RT support.
• Responsible for overall pump / Oxygen equipment maintenance including but not limited to equipment cleaning, documentation and compliance inspections
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 1 year DME delivery driver experience (preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to provide timely care for our patients
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams
• Strong commitment to clinical excellence
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English (and Spanish if Bilingual)
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 50 pounds
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options