- Requisition #:
- Reading, PA 19601
- Home Health Aide
- $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
Position: Home Health Aides
Status of employment:Full-Time, Part-Time, OR Per-Diem positions available
Aveanna Healthcare delivers a one-of-a-kind continuum of care, seeking to provide children and adults with the highest quality of life. We offer in-home personal care to help clients maintain good personal hygiene including bathing, shaving, grooming, dressing and maintain a healthy and safe environment.
Aveanna is hiring compassionate Home Health Aides to assist with treatments that are ordered and approved by the physician and supervised by the Registered Nurse. If you value exceptional and individualized patient care, Aveanna is the place for you!
- Education: High School diploma
- Training: Completion of a basic aide training program and/or Direct Care Worker test consistent with state and federal requirements and for which a certificate was obtained
- Reference: Minimum of two professional references that meet the standards of Aveanna Healthcare.
- Skills: Completion of one year’s employment as a personal care aide, nurse’s aide or in another healthcare related field preferred
- Transportation: Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
- Competitive compensation package
- FSA, Long and Short Term Disability
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance*
Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status*
Aveanna is an equal opportunity employer.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California
The Home Health Aide is responsible for providing personal care, household assistance and assistance with daily living activities that improve quality of life by allowing our patients to remain in their home while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care within the scope of practice per state law
• Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
o Basic first aid
o Read and record vital (temperature, pulse, respiration)
o Range of motion exercises
o Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
o Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
o Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
• Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
o Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
• Assist with household management, such as:
o Home safety and sanitation
o Infection control
o General light housekeeping, laundry, and shopping specific to patient
• Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
o Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
o Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to the (RN) Nursing Supervisor
• High school graduate or GED
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and Acceptable MVR
• Ongoing Education:
o A Home Health Aide must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period. In-service training may occur while an aide is furnishing care to a patient.
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
o Successful completion of Nurse Aide training and competency evaluation program pursuant to the requirements of 42 CFR part 483, Subpart D; or
o Health Care or Personal Care credentialing program recognized and approved by the state; or
o Successful completion of 40 hour training program provided by a private home care provider which addresses at least the areas specified in the PHCP rules
o Appropriate clearing of Illinois Department of Public Health – Health Care Worker Registry,
o Successful completion of Long-Term Care Assistants and Aides Training Programs Code; or
o Documentation of current registration from another state; or
o Successful completion of a Nursing Arts Program which included at least 40 hours of supervised clinical experience from an accredited nursing program as evidenced by diploma, certificate or other written verification from the school and proof of successful completion of the written portion of the Department established nursing assistant competency test; or
o Successful completion of a US military Training Program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program as evidenced by a diploma, certification DD-214, or other written verification and successful completion of the written portion of the Department-established nursing assistant competency evaluation Proof of completion of a nursing program in a foreign country.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options