- Requisition #:
- Duluth, GA 30096
- Clinical Care and Support
- $35.00 - $45.00 per hour
Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year through a series of exciting acquisitions and we are currently looking for a Master Social Worker to join our dynamic home health care team. In this position, you will be responsible and accountable for the evaluation, coordination, and administration of social work services to patients and families.
Territory: Visits for Dekalb and Gwinnett counties; 2-3 days a week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the client in the ability to understand the significant social and emotional factors related to their health problems.
- Assists in the development of a plan of care based on clinical diagnosis, client and physician input that includes medical and social interventions and measurable goals or outcomes.
- Arranges to have plans of care implemented by providing linkage to community medical and health resources.
- Routinely reviews client progress to determine the effectiveness of services in reaching maximum rehab potential.
- ensures use of appropriate medical, social, diagnostic and psychological terminology.
- Investigate and take appropriate actions on client or employee concerns/complaints.
- Instruct clients, family members and primary care givers as needed to insure the optimal functioning level for each client.
- Coordinate agency services by ensuring that other agency caregivers are properly orientated and trained to meet the client’s needs in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Insure effective coordination of client home care services through the timely completion of required documentation as well as the timely transfer of pertinent medical data to the client’s physician, therapists or other care givers.
- Provide input to the Medicare Director regarding the need for formulation or modification of agency policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to client services.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive client data.
- Initiate and participate in meetings to develop service plans for agency clients.
- Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+ hours
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- Current state license as required by state law and regulation
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Minimum of at least one year medical social work experience
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options