- Requisition #:
- Baldwin Park, CA 91706
- Home Health Aide
- $17.50 - $18.50 per hour
Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year through a series of exciting acquisitions, and we are currently looking for an Agency Respite Care Provider to join our dynamic team.
An Agency Respite Care Provider is responsible for providing non-medical personal care, assistance and companionship for clients who require supervision for reason of developmental disabilities, intellectual deficiencies, or other health-related conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assistance with clients’ Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) Ambulation, Transfers & Gait Assistance
- Provides hands-on and/or stand-by assistance to ensure that client transfers and ambulates safely (includes assistance with the proper use of ambulation aids, such as walkers, wheelchairs, gait belts, etc.).
- Grooming and Hygiene- Provides client hands-on and/or stand-by assistance with general hygiene and other grooming activities (washing hands & face, etc.).
- Meal Preparation/Nutritional Support- Follows nutritional and meal planning guidelines to assist with preparation and serving of breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or snacks to ensure proper nutritional intake.
- Dressing- Provides hands-on and/or stand-by assistance with changes of client’s clothing as needed.
- Toileting- May include assisting on/off toilet or commode; assisting with use of urinal or bedpan; changing diapers/briefs; and ensuring cleanliness as needed.
- Engages client in appropriate conversations (caregiver is to avoid personal disclosures about self, and
discussions about client’s family).
- If parents request, teach, train and encourage client to do perform tasks and learn skills as directed
- Entertains client by reading newspapers or books, playing memory games, completing puzzles, etc.
- Follow parent instruction’s in working and dealing with client’s behavioral issues, i.e. re-direction, avoidance, withdrawal, and aggression.
- Compliance with agency policies related to all areas of privacy and confidentiality, including HIPAA laws
Why Join Our Team?
- Innovative technology to make your life easier
- Our care team works together to meet the needs of each patient
- Nationwide career opportunities where our leaders encourage advancements
- Our care teams enjoy the flexibility of getting to build rapport with patients to produce the best outcomes
- We know that our care teams make or break the organization’s success!
Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+ hours
- Sick Time
- Previous Experience working with the disabled population
- Physical and mental ability to perform essential functions of the position; including but not limited to the ability to safely lift, turn and transfer weight up to 50 pounds
- Possess basic math, reading and writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proper hygiene and appropriate dress at all times.
- CPR/First Aid as required by program
- Must have available, reliable transportation, Valid Driver’s License, and Acceptable MVR
- Must be able to read 12 point or larger type
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people
- Must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to travel to prospective clients’ residences
- Must be able to safely lift, turn and transfer clients weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds up stairs
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options