Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant PTA Part Time North Fulton
- Requisition #:
- Alpharetta, GA 30005
- $28.00 - $38.00 per hour
** Part Time visits needed Monday - Friday for North Fulton county **
The Physical Therapy Assistant is a licensed professional who performs physical therapy treatments in accordance with agency policies under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Administers physical therapy to patients following the Plan of Care developed by the Physician and Physical Therapist.
- Evaluates and documents effectiveness of physical therapy services to the patient and his/her response to treatment.
- Assesses the home environment to identify safety hazards on a continued basis. Recommends changes in the environment that eliminate or reduce these hazards.
- Recognizes and identifies need for initiation of services from other disciplines or resources. Documents these needs, communicates with supervisor and refers to other disciplines/resources as needed.
- Assesses social, emotional and physical factors within the patient’s home that affect patient care and response to plan of treatment, communicates these factors to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings and identifies problems related to patient’s response to treatment and assists in modifying the Plan of Care.
- Reports any adverse changes in the patient’s condition to the supervising Physical Therapist and/or Care Manager.
- Completes daily assignments within a reasonable and acceptable time frame.
- Attends inservices and continuing education programs in an effort to keep skills up to date.
- Maintains sound privacy and security practices and prevents privacy or security breaches. If a breach occurs, corrective action will be taken.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Current license as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the State of GA
- Graduate of an accredited School for Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Preferably one year of clinical experience in a home health care setting.
- Valid CPR and Drivers License in the state of GA
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options