- Requisition #:
- Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Clinical Care and Support
- Up to $75.00 per visit
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services. The LMSW will be On Call when there is a need for assistance. There is no set schedule for this position.
COMPENSATION: $75 per visit
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Premier personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patients and organization personnel.
- Participates in the development of the plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Ensures compliance with all professional, State and Federal statutes and practices.
- Attends case conferences, team meetings and education in-services as required.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Clinical Supervisor.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Follow and comply with all Premier safety rules and practices.
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of a Master’s program in Social Work from a school of social work accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- LMSW LICENSE
- Minimum of one year’s experience in health care.
- Experience in home healthcare preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Current PPD or chest x-ray, if applicable.
- Current state licensure, CPR certification and a valid driver’s license.
If you feel that you are a match for our Medical Social Worker opening we welcome you to submit your resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options