- Requisition #:
- Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal medical care and assistance with daily living activities that improve quality of life by allowing our patients to remain in their home (or facility) while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions
Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
Basic first aid
Taking weight and vital signs
Catheter and bowel care, including I&O monitoring
Range of motion exercises, exercises as assigned by a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist
Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to the (RN) Nursing Supervisor
Provide hands-on personal care and performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services.
Provide services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care and that the aide is permitted to perform under state law.
High school graduate or GED*
Current, unrestricted certification or proof of training as required by the state
Current CPR certification
Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
Valid Driver’s License and Acceptable MVR
*not applicable if the patient is the child/loved one of the Certified Nursing Assistant
Additional state specific requirements: Continuing Education as required by state
An Aide must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period. In-service training may occur while an aide is furnishing care to a patient.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options