- Requisition #:
- Seaford, DE 19973
- Starting at $15.00 per hour
Aveanna Healthcare is growing and is currently seeking excellent CNAs. We have both full and part - time opportunities available including 6-8 hours during the day, evening and overnight in addition to some 10 and 12 hours.
*Evening/overnight availability encouraged, but not required.*
Starting Rate: $16 per hour
- Providing great patient care.
- Answering patient calls and determining how best to help them.
- Providing physical support for patients or residents with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, - using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
- Turning and repositioning bedridden patients.
- Ensuring patients or residents receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences.
- Obtaining a wide range of information from physicians, caregivers and nurses about patient condition, treatment plans, and suggested activities.
- Measuring and recording food and liquid intake and urinary and fecal output and reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Recording vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff.
- Examining patients to detect issues requiring medical care, including open wounds, bruises or blood in urine.
- Reminding patients to take medications and nutritional supplements.
- Noting observations of patient behavior, including complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Stay up to date on CNA training and facility policy and procedure.
- State Certified Nursing Assistant Certification Required.
- Current CPR (American Heart Association).
- Ability to think and work independently and with direction, and communicate with staff members in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Competitive compensation package
- FSA, Long and Short Term Disability
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status*
Aveanna is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal medical care and assistance with daily living activities that improve quality of life by allowing our patients to remain in their home while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
o Basic first aid
o Taking weight and vital signs
o Catheter and bowel care, including I&O monitoring
o Range of motion exercises, exercises as assigned by a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist
o Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
o Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
o Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
• Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
o Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
• Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
o Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
o Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to the (RN) Nursing Supervisor
• Provide hands-on personal care and performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services.
• Provide services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care and that the aide is permitted to perform under state law.
• High school graduate or GED
• Current, unrestricted certification or proof of training as required by the state
• Current CPR certification
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
o Successful completion of Nurse Aide training and competency evaluation program pursuant to the requirements of 42 CFR part 483, Subpart D; or
o Health Care or Personal Care credentialing program recognized and approved by the state; or
o Successful completion of 40 hour training program provided by a private home care provider which addresses at least the areas specified in the PHCP rules
o Appropriate clearing of Illinois Department of Public Health – Health Care Worker Registry,
o Successful completion of Long-Term Care Assistants and Aides Training Programs Code; or
o Documentation of current registration from another state; or
o Successful completion of a Nursing Arts Program which included at least 40 hours of supervised clinical experience from an accredited nursing program as evidenced by diploma, certificate or other written verification from the school and proof of successful completion of the written portion of the Department established nursing assistant competency test; or
o Successful completion of a US military Training Program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program as evidenced by a diploma, certification DD-214, or other written verification and successful completion of the written portion of the Department-established nursing assistant competency evaluation Proof of completion of a nursing program in a foreign country.
• Colorado(Nursing Aide Services):
o (A) The agency shall select nurse aides on the basis of such factors as the ability to read, write, carry out directions, effectively communicate to demonstrate competency in the provision of care and services safely and effectively and treat consumers with dignity and respect to person and property.
o (B) The agency shall ensure that each nurse aide it employs is certified by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies within four (4) months of starting employment and that certification remains current. Each aide that provide care and services before certification shall be supervised in the home by direct observation at least weekly for the first month of employment and every two (2) weeks thereafter until certification is obtained.
o Ongoing Education:
§ An Aide must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period. In-service training may occur while an aide is furnishing care to a patient.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options