- Requisition #:
- Marienville, PA 16239
- $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
Are you looking for a change of pace? Trying to find a new job outside of the nursing home or hospital? Aveanna Healthcare allows you to have a flexible schedule based on your life while enjoying more manageable 1:1 caseloads.
Why work with Aveanna?
- Smaller case loads means more opportunities to grow with your patient
- Referral Bonus opportunities
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday Pay and Potential for Overtime
- Paid Training & Continuous Professional Development
- 24/7 On call support with clinical and scheduling to handle issues outside of office hours
Who are we?
Aveanna Healthcare is one of the nation's largest homecare providers working with patients of all ages and specializing in pediatrics.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
- Basic first aid
- Taking weight and vital signs
- Catheter and bowel care, including I&O monitoring
- Range of motion exercises, exercises as assigned by a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist
- Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
- Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
- Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
- Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
- Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
- Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
- Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to the (RN) Nursing Supervisor
- Provide hands-on personal care and performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services.
- Provide services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care and that the aide is permitted to perform under state law.
- High school graduate or GED
- Current, unrestricted certification or proof of training as required by the state
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
- Valid Driver’s License and Acceptable MVR
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Good organization and communication skills
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must have strong sense of smell and touch
- Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
- Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options