- Requisition #:
- Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Direct Care Worker
- Starting at $11.00 per hour
The Direct Care Worker provides personal care and/or related services in the home. She/he functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the program manager/or appropriate supervisor. The Direct Care Worker receives scheduling direction from the Client Services Coordinator.
Starting rate: $11 an hour
- 18 years of age or older required
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED, or 2 years of relevant field experience required
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read and write English consistent with job requirements
- Completion of a training program consistent with state and federal requirement
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation and annual reevaluation
- Preferred completion of one year’s employment as a personal care aide, nurse’s aide or in another healthcare related field
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with client, client’s family, and the personnel of the company.
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
- Completion of the agency competency exam and training program
- Completion of all health screenings
- Satisfactory references and background screenings are obtained prior to hire
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene including bathing, grooming and dressing
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Assist the client with meals.
- Assists the client with transfers and ambulation with or without an assistive device
- Provides medication reminders
- Assists therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes
- Encourages the client to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
- Attempts to promote client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household
- Establishes a relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidence
- Maintains client/family confidentiality at all times
- Prepares a visit report on the day it is performed and incorporates into the clinical record weekly or as directed
- Reports any change in client’s mental or physical condition or in the client’s home situation to the company
- Carries out assignment as instructed by the program supervisor and reports to the program supervisor when unavailable to do so
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the client.
- Participates in in-service education as required by company policy and by state and federal regulations
- Notifies the Company of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings which will affect agreed service with the Company
- The Personal Attendant reports directly to the Program Supervisor
- The Personal Attendant receives direction from the Client Services Coordinator regarding the scheduling of assignments.
- Must be able to read 12 point or larger type
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people
- Must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to travel to prospective clients’ residences
- Must be able to safely lift, turn and transfer clients weighing up to 50 pounds
Must be able to carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds up stairs
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options