- Requisition #:
- Meadville, PA 16335
- Direct Care Worker
- Starting at $12.00 per hour
Great Cases Available Immediately!
Aveanna Healthcare is seeking team-oriented, compassionate caregivers! We have immediate opportunities available for first, second, and third shifts! With options suited for all availabilities; part time, full time, and even over time, you can enjoy a schedule that fits your lifestyle!
When you join Aveanna Healthcare, you are joining a team of professionals driven by our passion to provide local families with the highest quality care imaginable. We are committed to delivering our caregivers with an employee experience that is second to none! You can expect to always be supported, valued, and heard, because without you, none of what we do would be possible.
Aveanna DCWs Enjoy:
- Weekly Pay
- Industry Leading Training
- Flexible Scheduling (Freedom to create your own schedule!)
- Team Focused, Positive Work Environment
- PTO & Benefits
- 24/7 On-Call Support (Both operations & clinical managers are always available)
- Incentive Opportunities (referral bonuses, special pay rates, and fun programs throughout the year)
- Opportunities Close to Home
- Advancement Opportunities
- And so much more!
Essential Job Functions:
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene including bathing, shaving, grooming, and dressing.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Plans and prepares and may feed the client nutritious meals. Completes errands when instructed to do so by the company supervisor
- Assists the client with transfers and ambulation with or without an assistive device
- Provides medication reminders
- Encourages the client to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
- Attempts to promote client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Establishes a relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidence
Maintains client/family confidentiality at all times
- Reports any change in client’s mental or physical condition
- Reports any changes in home situation to the company
- Carries out assignment(s) as instructed by their supervisor and reports any pertinent changes to care
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the client, as instructed by the supervisor
- Participates in in-service education as required by company policy and state/federal regulations
Confirms on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Supervisor/Director, to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel
- Notifies the Company of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, bereavement or special professional meetings which will affect service(s) with the Company
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read, and write English consistent with job requirements
- Completion of one year’s employment as a personal care aide, nurse’s aide or in another healthcare related field preferred
- Have the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good relationship with client, client’s family, and the personnel of the company
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
- A minimum of two satisfactory references and background screenings are obtained prior to hire
- Must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to safely lift, turn and transfer clients weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds up stairs
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Why work for Aveanna?
- Thorough training
- Flexible schedules
- Electronic charting
- Access to a clinical supervisor 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Weekly pay via multiple payment options